Bad Fortune

    The last place I would expect to see Chinese errors would be inside the fortune cookies. 云吞食品公司 (Wonton Food Inc.) has found a way to make my nightmare come true.

    Both Erik of Mandarin Tools and I had fortune notes with incorrect Chinese. I don’t care about the lucky numbers, nor the cheap Yoda-like Engrish pep-talks printed on the note, but I do care about the other side – Learn Chinese.



    (wrapper)

    Mine (shown above) was not as entertaining as what Erik got:




    The Chinese pinyin is correct for “pot sticker”, but the printed Chinese 罐屠夫 is something completely different. is a type of ceramic container, similar to a jar. 屠夫 is butcher.

    Shame on you, Wonton Food Inc. of Brooklyn, NY 11206!


    Use "HANZI2006" to save 10% on any t-shirt purchase at Jlist.com, and save 25% for 3 shirts or more.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews